WordPress is an open source script that can be customized by any professional PHP developer. If you want to give your WordPress site a facelift, there are thousands of professional web development firms that can help you. However, working with a development company is not always a great idea. Firstly, most of these companies are very expensive. Secondly, because of high work volume reputed companies take a lot of time to complete a project. Thirdly, there’s a often a communication lag between the client and the programer, which leads to confusion and wastage of time. Hiring a freelance WordPress developer is a much better way of getting the job done.
Here are the top five places to find professional wordpress developers for hire:
ToptalToptal is a very exciting place for employers to find talented freelancers. Toptal screens developers for you, and only accepts the top 3% to their site. Because their developers are pre-screened, you can get connected with a developer very quickly. If you like the developer you are connected with, you have the option to extend the project long-term and include the developer as part of your team.
– Up to two-week risk-free trial
– Matchmaking service to find the right developer for your job
– Screened developers for quality control (top 3%)
Envato StudioEnvato is a company best-known for its marketplaces like ThemeForest and CodeCanyon. Envato Studio is a platform that can help you find the perfect WordPress developer for your next project. What we love about this site is its exclusivity. Only hand-picked programmers are allowed to offer their services which means that you don’t have to go through hundreds of bids to find someone good. If you are tired of reading spammy applications then you should try this platform.
– Robust dispute resolution process.
– Friendly support team.
– Large number of categories to choose from.
ElanceElance is one of the few freelance sites that offer top-notch phone support 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Other sites on this list provide limited support, or none at all. Elance is also known for its easy to use system and friendly policies. In short it is the best place to find freelance wordpress developers.
– No money-back guarantee for fixed-rate projects
– Supports escrowing
– Monitors activity of your employees. However, it doesn’t take webcam screenshots
– Top quality support
UpworkUpwork (formerly oDesk) is another great place for for finding freelance wordpress developers. With over 10,000 active postings, this site is a major player in the online job market. If you want to build a big team in a small amount of time then Upwork officials can help you out with their special enterprise services.
– Money-back guarantee for hourly jobs
– You can post your projects and explore contractor profiles for free
– Since there is no escrow, fixed-price projects can be a bit risky
– Extremely competitive pricing
– Paypal support
FreelancerFreelancer.com is the first name that a person hears upon becoming an online contractor. The site has helped thousands of small businesses from all over the world. Right now it has around 2,833,598 verified members and the number is increasing with each passing day. However, you should try out one of the above mentioned sites before this one. That’s because it has some very serious disadvantages. Here’s a full list of its features:
– No guarantees whatsoever
– In order to post your project you have to pay a $5 fee. An additional 3% for selecting a contractor
– Escrow system to protect your money
– The system doesn’t record the activity of freelancers. An experienced contractor can easily deceive the employer
vWorkervWorker is one of the oldest and most trustworthy freelance networks on the internet. Previously the site was known as “Rent a Coder” and it only featured web development and programming projects. However, these days it features all kinds of projects. It is also among the top 5000 fastest growing firms in America.
– Provides full money-back guarantee on hourly and fixed-rate projects
– Doesn’t charge anything for posting jobs and selecting contractors
– Protects employers with escrow
– Maximum screen recording in case of hourly projects
– Monitors activity during working hours
– If a worker fails to submit a report, you can have a full refund. No other marketplace provides this feature
– 24/7 phone support
In the hands of a professional developer, WordPress is capable of amazing things. By joining one of the above mentioned freelance networks you can easily find such a good wordpress developer. However there are a few things that you should keep in mind. First of all, don’t give the job to a newbie. In most cases, novice programmers produce inefficient code that keeps overloading the server. An experienced and well-established programmer might cost a bit extra but you won’t have to face any problems in the future.
Second of all, if you are short on funds then there is nothing wrong with hiring a programmer from any Asian or Middle Eastern country. If you stay vigilant during the selection process and keep the previous ratings in mind, you won’t face any quality issues. Lastly you should never rush into choosing a developer.
I hope this article has taught you everything you need to know about finding wordpress developers for hire. Good luck!